Basic Job Description:
Solicit orders for goods or services over the telephone.
1) Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe products or services, in order to persuade potential customers to purchase a product or service or to make a donation.
2) Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone in order to solicit sales for goods or services, or to request donations for charitable causes.
3) Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers.
4) Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into computers.
5) Record names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted.
6) Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Obtain names and telephone numbers of potential customers from sources such as telephone directories, magazine reply cards, and lists purchased from other organizations.
8) Answer telephone calls from potential customers who have been solicited through advertisements.
9) Telephone or write letters to respond to correspondence from customers or to follow up initial sales contacts.
Is being a "Telemarketer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Maintain records of contacts, accounts, and orders.
11) Schedule appointments for sales representatives to meet with prospective customers or for customers to attend sales presentations.
12) Conduct client or market surveys in order to obtain information about potential customers.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-C-S SOC: 41-9041.00