Basic Job Description:
Receive and pay out money. Keep records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions.
1) Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculate daily transactions using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
2) Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
3) Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
4) Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
5) Enter customers' transactions into computers in order to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
6) Count currency, coins, and checks received, by hand or using currency-counting machine, in order to prepare them for deposit or shipment to branch banks or the Federal Reserve Bank.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Identify transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
8) Prepare and verify cashier's checks.
9) Arrange monies received in cash boxes and coin dispensers according to denomination.
Is being a "Teller" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Process transactions such as term deposits, retirement savings plan contributions, automated teller transactions, night deposits, and mail deposits.
11) Receive mortgage, loan, or public utility bill payments, verifying payment dates and amounts due.
12) Resolve problems or discrepancies concerning customers' accounts.
13) Explain, promote, or sell products or services such as travelers' checks, savings bonds, money orders, and cashier's checks, using computerized information about customers to tailor recommendations.
14) Perform clerical tasks such as typing, filing, and microfilm photography.
15) Monitor bank vaults to ensure cash balances are correct.
16) Order a supply of cash to meet daily needs.
17) Sort and file deposit slips and checks.
18) Receive and count daily inventories of cash, drafts, and travelers' checks.
19) Process and maintain records of customer loans.
20) Count, verify, and post armored car deposits.
21) Carry out special services for customers, such as ordering bank cards and checks.
22) Compute financial fees, interest, and service charges.
23) Obtain and process information required for the provision of services, such as opening accounts, savings plans, and purchasing bonds.
24) Compose, type, and mail customer statements and other correspondence related to issues such as discrepancies and outstanding unpaid items.
25) Issue checks to bond owners in settlement of transactions.
26) Inform customers about foreign currency regulations, and compute transaction fees for currency exchanges.
27) Quote unit exchange rates, following daily international rate sheets or computer displays.
28) Prepare work schedules for staff.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-S SOC: 43-3071.00