Basic Job Description:
Escort individuals or groups on sightseeing tours or through places of interest, such as industrial establishments, public buildings, and art galleries.
1) Conduct educational activities for school children.
2) Escort individuals or groups on cruises, sightseeing tours, or through places of interest such as industrial establishments, public buildings, and art galleries.
3) Describe tour points of interest to group members, and respond to questions.
4) Monitor visitors' activities in order to ensure compliance with establishment or tour regulations and safety practices.
5) Greet and register visitors, and issue any required identification badges and/or safety devices.
6) Distribute brochures, show audiovisual presentations, and explain establishment processes and operations at tour sites.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Provide directions and other pertinent information to visitors.
8) Provide for physical safety of groups, performing such activities as providing first aid and directing emergency evacuations.
9) Research environmental conditions and clients' skill and ability levels in order to plan expeditions, instruction, and commentary that are appropriate.
Is being a "Tour Guide and Escort" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Provide information about wildlife varieties and habitats, as well as any relevant regulations, such as those pertaining to hunting and fishing.
11) Collect fees and tickets from group members.
12) Teach skills, such as proper climbing methods, and demonstrate and advise on the use of equipment.
13) Select travel routes and sites to be visited based on knowledge of specific areas.
14) Solicit tour patronage and sell souvenirs.
15) Speak foreign languages in order to communicate with foreign visitors.
16) Assemble and check the required supplies and equipment prior to departure.
17) Drive motor vehicles in order to transport visitors to establishments and tour site locations.
18) Perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, operating switchboards, and routing mail and messages.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-E-R SOC: 39-6021.00