Basic Job Description:
Drive tractor-trailer truck to transport products, livestock, or materials to specified destinations.
1) Inspects truck before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
2) Reads bill of lading to determine assignment.
3) Fastens chain or binders to secure load on trailer during transit.
4) Loads or unloads, or assists in loading and unloading truck.
5) Works as member of two-person team driving tractor with sleeper bunk behind cab.
6) Services truck with oil, fuel, and radiator fluid to maintain tractor-trailer.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Obtains customer's signature or collects payment for services.
8) Inventories and inspects goods to be moved.
9) Wraps goods using pads, packing paper, and containers, and secures load to trailer wall using straps.
Is being a "Tractor-Trailer Truck Driver" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Gives directions to helper in packing and moving goods to trailer.
11) Drives tractor-trailer combination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver products, livestock, or materials, usually over long distance.
12) Maneuvers truck into loading or unloading position, following signals from loading crew as needed.
13) Drives truck to weigh station before and after loading, and along route to document weight and conform to state regulations.
14) Maintains driver log according to I.C.C. regulations.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 53-3032.02