Basic Job Description:
Inspect couplings, airhoses, journal boxes, and handbrakes on trains to ensure that they function properly.
1) Inspects couplings, airhoses, journal boxes, and handbrakes to ensure that they are securely fastened and function properly.
2) Adjusts controls to regulate air-conditioning, heating, and lighting on train for comfort of passengers.
3) Assists passengers to board and leave train.
4) Answers questions from passengers concerning train rules, station, and timetable information.
5) Collects tickets, fares, and passes from passengers.
6) Pulls or pushes track switch to reroute cars.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Observes signals from other crewmembers.
8) Sets flares, flags, lanterns, or torpedoes in front and at rear of train during emergency stops to warn oncoming trains.
9) Signals locomotive engineer to start or stop train when coupling or uncoupling cars.
Is being a "Train Crew Member" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Makes minor repairs to couplings, airhoses, and journal boxes using hand tools.
11) Places passengers' baggage in rack above seats on train.
12) Reports to conductor any equipment requiring major repair.
13) Climbs ladder to top of car to set brakes or to ride atop to control its speed when shunted.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-I SOC: 53-4021.01