Basic Job Description:
Conduct training and development programs for employees.
1) Keep up with developments in area of expertise by reading current journals, books and magazine articles.
2) Present information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
3) Schedule classes based on availability of classrooms, equipment, and instructors.
4) Organize and develop, or obtain, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
5) Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
6) Monitor, evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Attend meetings and seminars to obtain information for use in training programs, or to inform management of training program status.
8) Coordinate recruitment and placement of training program participants.
9) Evaluate training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, and handouts.
Is being a "Training and Development Specialist" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Develop alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
11) Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, and/or consultation with managers, instructors or customer representatives.
12) Screen, hire, and assign workers to positions based on qualifications.
13) Select and assign instructors to conduct training.
14) Devise programs to develop executive potential among employees in lower-level positions.
15) Design, plan, organize and direct orientation and training for employees or customers of industrial or commercial establishment.
16) Negotiate contracts with clients, including desired training outcomes, fees and expenses.
17) Supervise instructors, evaluate instructor performance, and refer instructors to classes for skill development.
18) Monitor training costs to ensure budget is not exceeded, and prepare budget reports to justify expenditures.
19) Refer trainees to employer relations representatives, to locations offering job placement assistance, or to appropriate social services agencies if warranted.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-E-C SOC: 13-1073.00