Basic Job Description:
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required.
1) Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
2) Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
3) Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
4) Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
5) Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
6) Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
8) Investigate complaints regarding safety violations.
9) Examine carrier operating rules, employee qualification guidelines, or carrier training and testing programs for compliance with regulations or safety standards.
Is being a "Travel Agent" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-S-C SOC: 41-3041.00