Basic Job Description:
Drive truck with capacity of more than three tons to transport materials to specified destinations.
1) Drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons to transport and deliver cargo, materials, or damaged vehicle.
2) Maintains radio or telephone contact with base or supervisor to receive instructions or be dispatched to new location.
3) Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations.
4) Keeps record of materials and products transported.
5) Positions blocks and ties rope around items to secure cargo for transport.
6) Cleans, inspects, and services vehicle.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Operates equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse cargo or materials.
8) Obtains customer signature or collects payment for goods delivered and delivery charges.
9) Assists in loading and unloading truck manually.
Is being a "Truck Driver, Heavy" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-E-C SOC: 53-3032.01