Basic Job Description:
Take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment.
1) Check patrons' identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
2) Collect payments from customers.
3) Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
4) Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
5) Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
6) Serve food and/or beverages to patrons; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
8) Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
9) Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
Is being a "Waiter and Waitress" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Inform customers of daily specials.
11) Clean tables and/or counters after patrons have finished dining.
12) Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons, and chill bottles of wine.
13) Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
14) Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
15) Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
16) Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
17) Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
18) Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
19) Escort customers to their tables.
20) Describe and recommend wines to customers.
21) Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-E-C SOC: 35-3031.00