Basic Job Description:
Operate power pumps and auxiliary equipment to produce flow of oil or gas from wells in oil field.
1) Monitor control panels during pumping operations in order to ensure that materials are being pumped at the correct pressure, density, rate, and concentration.
2) Operate engines and pumps in order to shut off wells according to production schedules, and to switch flow of oil into storage tanks.
3) Perform routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
4) Repair gas and oil meters and gauges.
5) Unload and assemble pipes and pumping equipment, using hand tools.
6) Attach pumps and hoses to wellheads.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Start compressor engines, and divert oil from storage tanks into compressor units and auxiliary equipment in order to recover natural gas from oil.
8) Open valves to return compressed gas to bottoms of specified wells in order to repressurize them and force oil to surface.
9) Supervise oil pumpers and other workers engaged in producing oil from wells.
Is being a "Wellhead Pumper" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Drive trucks in order to transport high-pressure pumping equipment, and chemicals, fluids, or gases to be pumped into wells.
11) Prepare trucks and equipment necessary for the type of pumping service required.
12) Control pumping and blending equipment to acidize, cement, or fracture gas or oil wells and permeable rock formations.
13) Mix acids, chemicals, or dry cement as required for a specific job.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 53-7073.00