Determine and formulate policies and provide the overall direction of companies or private and public sector organizations within the guidelines set up by a board of directors or similar governing body. Plan, direct, or coordinate operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of subordinate executives and staff managers.
1) Analyze operations to evaluate performance of a company and its staff in meeting objectives, and to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change.
2) Appoint department heads or managers, and assign or delegate responsibilities to them.
3) Confer with board members, organization officials, and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, and resolve problems.
4) Coordinate the development and implementation of budgetary control systems, recordkeeping systems, and other administrative control processes.
5) Direct and coordinate an organization's financial and budget activities in order to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
6) Direct human resources activities, including the approval of human resource plans and activities, the selection of directors and other high-level staff, and establishment and organization of major departments.
7) Direct, plan, and implement policies, objectives, and activities of organizations or businesses in order to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, and to increase productivity.
8) Establish departmental responsibilities, and coordinate functions among departments and sites.
9) Implement corrective action plans to solve organizational or departmental problems.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
11) Preside over or serve on boards of directors, management committees, or other governing boards.
12) Represent organizations and promote their objectives at official functions, or delegate representatives to do so.
Is being a "Chief Executive" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
13) Serve as liaisons between organizations, shareholders, and outside organizations.
14) Administer programs for selection of sites, construction of buildings, and provision of equipment and supplies.
15) Attend and participate in meetings of municipal councils and council committees.
16) Deliver speeches, write articles, and present information at meetings or conventions in order to promote services, exchange ideas, and accomplish objectives.
17) Direct and conduct studies and research on issues affecting areas of responsibility.
18) Direct and coordinate activities of businesses involved with buying and selling investment products and financial services.
19) Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with production, pricing, sales, and/or distribution of products.
20) Direct non-merchandising departments such as advertising, purchasing, credit, and accounting.
21) Interpret and explain policies, rules, regulations, and laws to organizations, government and corporate officials, and individuals.
22) Make presentations to legislative and other government committees regarding policies, programs, or budgets.
23) Negotiate or approve contracts and agreements with suppliers, distributors, federal and state agencies, and other organizational entities.
24) Organize and approve promotional campaigns.
25) Prepare budgets for approval, including those for funding and implementation of programs.
26) Review reports submitted by staff members in order to recommend approval or to suggest changes.
27) Conduct or direct investigations or hearings to resolve complaints and violations of laws, or testify at such hearings.
28) Direct and coordinate activities between the United States Government and foreign entities in order to provide information and promote international interests and harmony.
29) Nominate citizens to boards and commissions.
30) Prepare bylaws approved by elected officials, and ensure that bylaws are enforced.
31) Refer major policy matters to elected representatives for final decisions.
32) Review and analyze legislation, laws, and public policy, and recommend changes to promote and support interests of both the general population and special groups.
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 11-1011.00