1) Interacting With Computers -- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
2) Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
3) Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
4) Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
5) Communicating with Persons Outside Organization -- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
6) Processing Information -- Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
7) Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards -- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
8) Analyzing Data or Information -- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
9) Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge -- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
10) Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information -- Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
11) Drafting, Laying Out, and Specifying Technical Devices, Parts, and Equipment -- Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
12) Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
13) Thinking Creatively -- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
14) Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events -- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
15) Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
16) Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others -- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
17) Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others -- Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
18) Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates -- Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
19) Developing and Building Teams -- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
20) Scheduling Work and Activities -- Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
21) Monitoring and Controlling Resources -- Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the spending of money.
22) Performing for or Working Directly with the Public -- Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers in restaurants and stores, and receiving clients or guests.
23) Developing Objectives and Strategies -- Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
24) Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
25) Provide Consultation and Advice to Others -- Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
26) Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings -- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
27) Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material -- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
28) Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People -- Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people.
29) Coaching and Developing Others -- Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
30) Selling or Influencing Others -- Convincing others to buy merchandise/goods or to otherwise change their minds or actions.
31) Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others -- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
32) Staffing Organizational Units -- Recruiting, interviewing, selecting, hiring, and promoting employees in an organization.
"Transportation Engineer" Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 17-2051.01