Design, create, and modify Web sites. Analyze user needs to implement Web site content, graphics, performance, and capacity. May integrate Web sites with other computer applications. May convert written, graphic, audio, and video components to compatible Web formats by using software designed to facilitate the creation of Web and multimedia content.
1) Back up files from web sites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems.
2) Respond to user email inquiries, or set up automated systems to send responses.
3) Register web sites with search engines to increase web site traffic.
4) Create web models or prototypes that include physical, interface, logical, or data models.
5) Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
6) Develop or implement procedures for ongoing web site revision.
7) Develop databases that support web applications and web sites.
8) Develop and document style guidelines for web site content.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
9) Evaluate or recommend server hardware or software.
10) Document test plans, testing procedures, or test results.
11) Develop system interaction or sequence diagrams.
12) Perform or direct web site updates.
13) Write, design, or edit web page content, or direct others producing content.
14) Renew domain name registrations.
15) Write supporting code for web applications or web sites.
16) Design and implement web site security measures such as firewalls or message encryption.
17) Select programming languages, design tools, or applications.
18) Establish appropriate server directory trees.
19) Recommend and implement performance improvements.
20) Create searchable indices for web page content.
21) Design, build, or maintain web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
22) Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
23) Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
24) Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
25) Maintain understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
26) Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
27) Collaborate with management or users to develop e-commerce strategies and to integrate these strategies with web sites.
28) Communicate with network personnel or web site hosting agencies to address hardware or software issues affecting web sites.
29) Perform web site tests according to planned schedules, or after any web site or product revisions.
30) Incorporate technical considerations into web site design plans, such as budgets, equipment, performance requirements, or legal issues including accessibility and privacy.
31) Develop web site maps, application models, image templates, or page templates that meet project goals, user needs, or industry standards.
32) Identify or maintain links to and from other web sites and check links to ensure proper functioning.
33) Provide clear, detailed descriptions of web site specifications such as product features, activities, software, communication protocols, programming languages, and operating systems software and hardware.
34) Monitor security system performance logs to identify problems and notify security specialists when problems occur.
35) Research, document, rate, or select alternatives for web architecture or technologies.
36) Document technical factors such as server load, bandwidth, database performance, and browser and device types.
37) Install and configure hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP) servers and associated operating systems.
"Web Developer" Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 15-1134.00