Basic Job Description:
Plan and direct advertising policies and programs or produce collateral materials, such as posters, contests, coupons, or give-aways, to create extra interest in the purchase of a product or service for a department, an entire organization, or on an account basis.
1) Prepare budgets and submit estimates for program costs as part of campaign plan development.
2) Plan and prepare advertising and promotional material to increase sales of products or services, working with customers, company officials, sales departments and advertising agencies.
3) Assist with annual budget development.
4) Inspect layouts and advertising copy and edit scripts, audio and video tapes, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications.
5) Coordinate activities of departments, such as sales, graphic arts, media, finance, and research.
6) Prepare and negotiate advertising and sales contracts.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Identify and develop contacts for promotional campaigns and industry programs that meet identified buyer targets such as dealers, distributors, or consumers.
8) Gather and organize information to plan advertising campaigns.
9) Confer with department heads and/or staff to discuss topics such as contracts, selection of advertising media, or product to be advertised.
Is being an "Advertising and Promotions Manager" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Confer with clients to provide marketing or technical advice.
11) Monitor and analyze sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotion campaigns.
12) Read trade journals and professional literature to stay informed on trends, innovations, and changes that affect media planning.
13) Formulate plans to extend business with established accounts and to transact business as agent for advertising accounts.
14) Provide presentation and product demonstration support during the introduction of new products and services to field staff and customers.
15) Direct, motivate, and monitor the mobilization of a campaign team to advance campaign goals.
16) Plan and execute advertising policies and strategies for organizations.
17) Track program budgets and expenses and campaign response rates to evaluate each campaign based on program objectives and industry norms.
18) Assemble and communicate with a strong, diverse coalition of organizations and/or public figures, securing their cooperation, support and action, to further campaign goals.
19) Train and direct workers engaged in developing and producing advertisements.
20) Coordinate with the media to disseminate advertising.
21) Contact organizations to explain services and facilities offered.
22) Direct and coordinate product research and development.
23) Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products.
24) Consult publications to learn about conventions and social functions and to organize prospect files for promotional purposes.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: A-E-S SOC: 11-2011.00