Basic Job Description:
Represent and promote artists, performers, and athletes to prospective employers. May handle contract negotiation and other business matters for clients.
1) Arrange meetings concerning issues involving their clients.
2) Collect fees, commissions, or other payments, according to contract terms.
3) Conduct auditions or interviews in order to evaluate potential clients.
4) Confer with clients to develop strategies for their careers, and to explain actions taken on their behalf.
5) Develop contacts with individuals and organizations, and apply effective strategies and techniques to ensure their clients' success.
6) Keep informed of industry trends and deals.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Manage business and financial affairs for clients, such as arranging travel and lodging, selling tickets, and directing marketing and advertising activities.
8) Negotiate with managers, promoters, union officials, and other persons regarding clients' contractual rights and obligations.
9) Obtain information about and/or inspect performance facilities, equipment, and accommodations to ensure that they meet specifications.
Is being an "Agents and Business Manager of Artists, Performers, and Athletes" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Schedule promotional or performance engagements for clients.
11) Advise clients on financial and legal matters such as investments and taxes.
12) Hire trainers or coaches to advise clients on performance matters such as training techniques or performance presentations.
13) Prepare periodic accounting statements for clients.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-S-A SOC: 13-1011.00