Basic Job Description:
Mix and serve drinks to patrons, directly or through waitstaff.
1) Collect money for drinks served.
2) Check identification of customers in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
3) Balance cash receipts.
4) Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
5) Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
6) Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
8) Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
9) Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, in order to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
Is being a "Bartender" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar.
11) Order or requisition liquors and supplies.
12) Ask customers who become loud and obnoxious to leave, or physically remove them.
13) Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
14) Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
15) Plan, organize, and control the operations of a cocktail lounge or bar.
16) Supervise the work of bar staff and other bartenders.
17) Plan bar menus.
18) Prepare appetizers, such as pickles, cheese, and cold meats.
19) Create drink recipes.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-S-R SOC: 35-3011.00