Basic Job Description:
Provide technical assistance to computer system users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
1) Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
2) Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
3) Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
4) Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
5) Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
6) Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
8) Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
9) Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
Is being a "Computer Support Specialist" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Read trade magazines and technical manuals, and attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and software.
11) Supervise and coordinate workers engaged in problem-solving, monitoring, and installing data communication equipment and software.
12) Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
13) Modify and customize commercial programs for internal needs.
14) Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems.
15) Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
16) Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, and cost comparison analysis.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: I-C-R SOC: 15-1041.00