Basic Job Description:
Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as architecture and engineering or research and development in these fields.
1) Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
2) Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
3) Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
4) Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
5) Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
6) Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts, and direct the negotiation of research contracts.
8) Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm.
9) Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
Is being an "Engineering Manager" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
11) Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
12) Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
13) Set scientific and technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management.
14) Administer highway planning, construction, and maintenance.
15) Direct the engineering of water control, treatment, and distribution projects.
16) Plan, direct, and coordinate survey work with other staff activities, certifying survey work, and writing land legal descriptions.
17) Confer with and report to officials and the public to provide information and solicit support for projects.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-R-I SOC: 11-9041.00