Basic Job Description:
File correspondence, cards, invoices, receipts, and other records in alphabetical or numerical order or according to the filing system used. Locate and remove material from file when requested.
1) Keep records of materials filed or removed, using logbooks or computers.
2) Add new material to file records, and create new records as necessary.
3) Perform general office duties such as typing, operating office machines, and sorting mail.
4) Track materials removed from files in order to ensure that borrowed files are returned.
5) Gather materials to be filed from departments and employees.
6) Sort or classify information according to guidelines such as content, purpose, user criteria, or chronological, alphabetical, or numerical order.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users.
8) Scan or read incoming materials in order to determine how and where they should be classified or filed.
9) Place materials into storage receptacles, such as file cabinets, boxes, bins, or drawers, according to classification and identification information.
Is being a "File Clerk" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Assign and record or stamp identification numbers or codes in order to index materials for filing.
11) Answer questions about records and files.
12) Modify and improve filing systems, or implement new filing systems.
13) Perform periodic inspections of materials or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition.
14) Eliminate outdated or unnecessary materials, destroying them or transferring them to inactive storage according to file maintenance guidelines and/or legal requirements.
15) Enter document identification codes into systems in order to determine locations of documents to be retrieved.
16) Operate mechanized files that rotate to bring needed records to a particular location.
17) Design forms related to filing systems.
18) Retrieve documents stored in microfilm or microfiche and place them in viewers for reading.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-R SOC: 43-4071.00