Basic Job Description:
Direct and coordinate financial activities of workers in a branch, office, or department of an establishment, such as branch bank, brokerage firm, risk and insurance department, or credit department.
1) Approve or reject, or coordinate the approval and rejection of, lines of credit and commercial, real estate, and personal loans.
2) Develop and analyze information to assess the current and future financial status of firms.
3) Establish procedures for custody and control of assets, records, loan collateral, and securities, in order to ensure safekeeping.
4) Evaluate data pertaining to costs in order to plan budgets.
5) Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting and collection procedures, and investment activities, and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets, and other financial control functions.
6) Network within communities to find and attract new business.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Oversee the flow of cash and financial instruments.
8) Plan, direct, and coordinate risk and insurance programs of establishments to control risks and losses.
9) Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of workers in branches, offices, or departments of such establishments as branch banks, brokerage firms, risk and insurance departments, or credit departments.
Is being a "Financial Manager - Branch or Department" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Prepare financial and regulatory reports required by laws, regulations, and boards of directors.
11) Prepare operational and risk reports for management analysis.
12) Communicate with stockholders and other investors to provide information, and to raise capital.
13) Analyze and classify risks and investments to determine their potential impacts on companies.
14) Direct floor operations of brokerage firm engaged in buying and selling securities at exchange.
15) Direct insurance negotiations, select insurance brokers and carriers, and place insurance.
16) Establish and maintain relationships with individual and business customers, and provide assistance with problems these customers may encounter.
17) Examine, evaluate, and process loan applications.
18) Monitor order flow and transactions that brokerage firm executes on the floor of exchange.
19) Recruit staff members, and oversee training programs.
20) Review collection reports to determine the status of collections and the amounts of outstanding balances.
21) Review reports of securities transactions and price lists in order to analyze market conditions.
22) Submit delinquent accounts to attorneys or outside agencies for collection.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-C-S SOC: 11-3031.02