Basic Job Description:
Supervise and coordinate activities of members of police force.
1) Explain police operations to subordinates to assist them in performing their job duties.
2) Inform personnel of changes in regulations and policies, implications of new or amended laws, and new techniques of police work.
3) Supervise and coordinate the investigation of criminal cases, offering guidance and expertise to investigators, and ensuring that procedures are conducted in accordance with laws and regulations.
4) Investigate and resolve personnel problems within organization and charges of misconduct against staff.
5) Train staff in proper police work procedures.
6) Maintain logs, prepare reports, and direct the preparation, handling, and maintenance of departmental records.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Monitor and evaluate the job performance of subordinates, and authorize promotions and transfers.
8) Direct collection, preparation, and handling of evidence and personal property of prisoners.
9) Develop, implement and revise departmental policies and procedures.
Is being a "First-Line Supervisor-Manager of Police and Detective" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Conduct raids and order detention of witnesses and suspects for questioning.
11) Prepare work schedules and assign duties to subordinates.
12) Discipline staff for violation of department rules and regulations.
13) Cooperate with court personnel and officials from other law enforcement agencies and testify in court as necessary.
14) Review contents of written orders to ensure adherence to legal requirements.
15) Inspect facilities, supplies, vehicles, and equipment to ensure conformance to standards.
16) Prepare news releases and respond to police correspondence.
17) Requisition and issue equipment and supplies.
18) Meet with civic, educational, and community groups to develop community programs and events, and to discuss law enforcement subjects.
19) Direct release or transfer of prisoners.
20) Prepare budgets and manage expenditures of department funds.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-S-R SOC: 33-1012.00