Basic Job Description:
Supervise work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive rooms in hotels, hospitals, educational institutions, and similar establishments. Assign duties, inspect work, and investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment and take corrective action. May purchase housekeeping supplies and equipment, take periodic inventories, screen applicants, train new employees, and recommend dismissals.
1) Assigns workers their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
2) Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
3) Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
4) Coordinates work activities among departments.
5) Conducts orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
6) Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Evaluates records to forecast department personnel requirements.
8) Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
9) Prepares reports concerning room occupancy, payroll, and department expenses.
Is being a "Housekeeping Supervisor" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Selects and purchases new furnishings.
11) Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage.
12) Examines building to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
13) Attends staff meetings to discuss company policies and patrons' complaints.
14) Issues supplies and equipment to workers.
15) Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff.
16) Advises manager, desk clerk, or admitting personnel of rooms ready for occupancy.
17) Records data regarding work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports.
18) Screens job applicants, hires new employees, and recommends promotions, transfers, and dismissals.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-C-R SOC: 37-1011.01