Basic Job Description:
Compile and keep personnel records. Record data for each employee, such as address, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports on ability, and date of and reason for termination. Compile and type reports from employment records. File employment records. Search employee files and furnish information to authorized persons.
1) Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
2) Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, and classifications.
3) Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
4) Process and review employment applications in order to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants.
5) Answer questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
6) Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Gather personnel records from other departments and/or employees.
8) Search employee files in order to obtain information for authorized persons and organizations, such as credit bureaus and finance companies.
9) Interview job applicants to obtain and verify information used to screen and evaluate them.
Is being a "Human Resources Assistant" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Request information from law enforcement officials, previous employers, and other references in order to determine applicants' employment acceptability.
11) Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
12) Inform job applicants of their acceptance or rejection of employment.
13) Select applicants meeting specified job requirements and refer them to hiring personnel.
14) Arrange for in-house and external training activities.
15) Arrange for advertising or posting of job vacancies, and notify eligible workers of position availability.
16) Provide assistance in administering employee benefit programs and worker's compensation plans.
17) Prepare badges, passes, and identification cards, and perform other security-related duties.
18) Administer and score applicant and employee aptitude, personality, and interest assessment instruments.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-S SOC: 43-4161.00