Basic Job Description:
Process applications for, changes to, reinstatement of, and cancellation of insurance policies. Duties include reviewing insurance applications to ensure that all questions have been answered, compiling data on insurance policy changes, changing policy records to conform to insured party's specifications, compiling data on lapsed insurance policies to determine automatic reinstatement according to company policies, canceling insurance policies as requested by agents, and verifying the accuracy of insurance company records.
1) Modify, update, and process existing policies and claims to reflect any change in beneficiary, amount of coverage, or type of insurance.
2) Process and record new insurance policies and claims.
3) Review and verify data, such as age, name, address, and principal sum and value of property on insurance applications and policies.
4) Organize and work with detailed office or warehouse records, maintaining files for each policyholder, including policies that are to be reinstated or cancelled.
5) Examine letters from policyholders or agents, original insurance applications, and other company documents to determine if changes are needed and effects of changes.
6) Correspond with insured or agent to obtain information or inform them account status or changes.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Transcribe data to worksheets and enter data into computer for use in preparing documents and adjusting accounts.
8) Notify insurance agent and accounting department of policy cancellation.
9) Interview clients and take their calls in order to provide customer service and obtain information on claims.
Is being an "Insurance Policy Processing Clerk" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Compare information from application to criteria for policy reinstatement and approve reinstatement when criteria are met.
11) Process, prepare, and submit business or government forms, such as submitting applications for coverage to insurance carriers.
12) Collect initial premiums and issue receipts.
13) Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments, and new reserve requirements, using insurance rate standards.
14) Obtain computer printout of policy cancellations or retrieve cancellation cards from file.
15) Compose business correspondence for supervisors, managers and professionals.
16) Check computations of interest accrued, premiums due, and settlement surrender on loan values.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-S SOC: 43-9041.02