Basic Job Description:
Perform secretarial duties utilizing legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas. May also assist with legal research.
1) Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
2) Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
3) Receive and place telephone calls.
4) Schedule and make appointments.
5) Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
6) Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Assist attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
8) Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
9) Draft and type office memos.
Is being a "Legal Secretary" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
11) Submit articles and information from searches to attorneys for review and approval for use.
12) Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-I SOC: 43-6012.00