Plan, direct, or coordinate purchasing, warehousing, distribution, forecasting, customer service, or planning services. Manage logistics personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations.
1) Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
2) Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
3) Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
4) Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
5) Train shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global logistics strategies.
6) Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
7) Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
8) Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
9) Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
10) Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
11) Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
Is being a "Logistics Manager" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
12) Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
13) Negotiate transportation rates or services.
14) Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
15) Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
16) Prepare or file environmental certification applications.
17) Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
18) Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
19) Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
20) Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
21) Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
22) Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
23) Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
24) Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
25) Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
26) Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
27) Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
28) Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
29) Implement or monitor carbon or environmental management, accounting, or audit systems.
30) Develop plans or set goals to reduce carbon emissions associated with storage or transport activities.
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 11-3071.03