Basic Job Description:
Set up, test, and adjust manufacturing machinery or equipment, using any combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or computer technologies.
1) Test products or subassemblies for functionality or quality.
2) Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices, or products.
3) Collect hazardous or non-hazardous waste in correctly labeled barrels or other containers and transfer them to collection areas.
4) Build product subassemblies or final assemblies.
5) Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
6) Prepare and assemble materials.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
8) Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
9) Build packaging for finished products.
Is being a "Manufacturing Production Technician" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, protractors, or ring gauges.
11) Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
12) Keep production logs.
13) Maintain inventory of job materials.
14) Package finished products.
15) Plan and lay out work to meet production and schedule requirements.
16) Prepare production documents, such as standard operating procedures, manufacturing batch records, inventory reports, or productivity reports.
17) Provide production, progress, or changeover reports to shift supervisors.
18) Set up and verify the functionality of safety equipment.
19) Start up and shut down processing equipment.
20) Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
21) Clean production equipment or work areas.
22) Install new equipment.
23) Measure and record data associated with operating equipment.
24) Provide advice or training to other technicians.
25) Select cleaning materials, tools, or equipment.
26) Ship packages, following carrier specifications.
27) Clean scrap materials for recycling or reuse, such as preparing aluminum scrap for cold-bonding processes or preparing paper for pulping or ink removal processes.
28) Conduct environmental safety inspections in accordance with standard protocols to ensure production activities comply with environmental regulations or standards.
29) Separate scrap or waste materials for recycling, reuse, or environmentally sound disposal.
30) Transfer hazardous or non-hazardous waste materials to collection areas for disposal, recycling, or reuse.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 17-3029.09