Basic Job Description:
Engage in promoting or creating good will for individuals, groups, or organizations by writing or selecting favorable publicity material and releasing it through various communications media. May prepare and arrange displays, and make speeches.
1) Prepare or edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including employee newsletters and stockholders' reports.
2) Respond to requests for information from the media or designate another appropriate spokesperson or information source.
3) Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, and public interest groups.
4) Plan and direct development and communication of informational programs to maintain favorable public and stockholder perceptions of an organization's accomplishments and agenda.
5) Confer with production and support personnel to produce or coordinate production of advertisements and promotions.
6) Arrange public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits for clients to increase product and service awareness and to promote goodwill.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Study the objectives, promotional policies and needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products and services.
8) Confer with other managers to identify trends and key group interests and concerns or to provide advice on business decisions.
9) Consult with advertising agencies or staff to arrange promotional campaigns in all types of media for products, organizations, or individuals.
Is being a "Public Relations Specialist" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Coach client representatives in effective communication with the public and with employees.
11) Prepare and deliver speeches to further public relations objectives.
12) Purchase advertising space and time as required to promote client's product or agenda.
13) Plan and conduct market and public opinion research to test products or determine potential for product success, communicating results to client or management.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-A-S SOC: 27-3031.00