Basic Job Description:
Answer inquiries and obtain information for general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties. Provide information regarding activities conducted at establishment; location of departments, offices, and employees within organization.
1) Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
2) Receive payment and record receipts for services.
3) Perform administrative support tasks such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, and operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets and other documents.
4) Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
5) Hear and resolve complaints from customers and public.
6) File and maintain records.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
8) Schedule appointments, and maintain and update appointment calendars.
9) Analyze data to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the public.
Is being a "Receptionist and Information Clerk" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
11) Keep a current record of staff members' whereabouts and availability.
12) Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries.
13) Calculate and quote rates for tours, stocks, insurance policies, and other products and services.
14) Take orders for merchandise or materials and send them to the proper departments to be filled.
15) Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.
16) Schedule space and equipment for special programs and prepare lists of participants.
17) Enroll individuals to participate in programs and notify them of their acceptance.
18) Conduct tours or deliver talks describing features of public facility, such as historic site or national park.
19) Perform duties such as taking care of plants and straightening magazines to maintain lobby or reception area.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-S SOC: 43-4171.00