Basic Job Description:
Plan, organize, or coordinate the activities of a social service program or community outreach organization. Oversee the program or organization's budget and policies regarding participant involvement, program requirements, and benefits. Work may involve directing social workers, counselors, or probation officers.
1) Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in community in order to meet community needs and to ensure that services are not duplicated.
2) Prepare and maintain records and reports, such as budgets, personnel records, or training manuals.
3) Direct activities of professional and technical staff members and volunteers.
4) Evaluate the work of staff and volunteers in order to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
5) Establish and oversee administrative procedures to meet objectives set by boards of directors or senior management.
6) Participate in the determination of organizational policies regarding such issues as participant eligibility, program requirements, and program benefits.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Research and analyze member or community needs in order to determine program directions and goals.
8) Speak to community groups to explain and interpret agency purposes, programs, and policies.
9) Recruit, interview, and hire or sign up volunteers and staff.
Is being a "Social and Community Service Manager" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Represent organizations in relations with governmental and media institutions.
11) Plan and administer budgets for programs, equipment and support services.
12) Analyze proposed legislation, regulations, or rule changes in order to determine how agency services could be impacted.
13) Act as consultants to agency staff and other community programs regarding the interpretation of program-related federal, state, and county regulations and policies.
14) Implement and evaluate staff training programs.
15) Direct fund-raising activities and the preparation of public relations materials.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-E-A SOC: 11-9151.00