Basic Job Description:
Officiate at competitive athletic or sporting events. Detect infractions of rules and decide penalties according to established regulations.
1) Officiate at sporting events, games, or competitions, to maintain standards of play and to ensure that game rules are observed.
2) Judge performances in sporting competitions in order to award points, impose scoring penalties, and determine results.
3) Signal participants or other officials to make them aware of infractions or to otherwise regulate play or competition.
4) Inspect sporting equipment and/or examine participants in order to ensure compliance with event and safety regulations.
5) Keep track of event times, including race times and elapsed time during game segments, starting or stopping play when necessary.
6) Start races and competitions.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Resolve claims of rule infractions or complaints by participants and assess any necessary penalties, according to regulations.
8) Verify scoring calculations before competition winners are announced.
9) Direct participants to assigned areas such as starting blocks or penalty areas.
Is being an "Umpire and Referee" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Report to regulating organizations regarding sporting activities, complaints made, and actions taken or needed such as fines or other disciplinary actions.
11) Confer with other sporting officials, coaches, players, and facility managers in order to provide information, coordinate activities, and discuss problems.
12) Teach and explain the rules and regulations governing a specific sport.
13) Research and study players and teams in order to anticipate issues that might arise in future engagements.
14) Verify credentials of participants in sporting events, and make other qualifying determinations such as starting order or handicap number.
15) Compile scores and other athletic records.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 27-2023.00