Design or analyze operational solutions for projects such as transportation optimization, network modeling, process and methods analysis, cost containment, capacity enhancement, routing and shipment optimization, or information management.
1) Direct the work of logistics analysts.
2) Develop or maintain cost estimates, forecasts, or cost models.
3) Evaluate the use of technologies, such as global positioning systems (GPS), radio-frequency identification (RFID), route navigation software, or satellite linkup systems, to improve transportation efficiency.
4) Prepare logistic strategies or conceptual designs for production facilities.
5) Design comprehensive supply chains that minimize environmental impacts or costs.
6) Develop or document reverse logistics management processes to ensure maximal efficiency of product recycling, reuse, or final disposal.
7) Conduct environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
8) Create models or scenarios to predict the impact of changing circumstances, such as fuel costs, road pricing, energy taxes, or carbon emissions legislation.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
9) Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
10) Determine requirements for compliance with environmental certification standards.
11) Provide logistical facility or capacity planning analyses for distribution or transportation functions.
12) Develop or document procedures to minimize or mitigate carbon output resulting from the movement of materials or products.
13) Assess the environmental impact or energy efficiency of logistics activities, using carbon mitigation software.
14) Evaluate effectiveness of current or future logistical processes.
15) Design plant distribution centers.
16) Develop specifications for equipment, tools, facility layouts, or material-handling systems.
17) Identify cost-reduction or process-improvement logistic opportunities.
18) Propose logistics solutions for customers.
19) Interview key staff or tour facilities to identify efficiency-improvement, cost-reduction, or service-delivery opportunities.
20) Review contractual commitments, customer specifications, or related information to determine logistics or support requirements.
21) Prepare or validate documentation on automated logistics or maintenance-data reporting or management information systems.
22) Identify or develop business rules or standard operating procedures to streamline operating processes.
23) Determine feasibility of designing new facilities or modifying existing facilities, based on factors such as cost, available space, schedule, technical requirements, or ergonomics.
24) Determine logistics support requirements, such as facility details, staffing needs, or safety or maintenance plans.
25) Conduct logistics studies or analyses, such as time studies, zero-base analyses, rate analyses, network analyses, flow-path analyses, or supply chain analyses.
26) Analyze or interpret logistics data involving customer service, forecasting, procurement, manufacturing, inventory, transportation, or warehousing.
27) Provide logistics technology or information for effective and efficient support of product, equipment, or system manufacturing or service.
28) Apply logistics modeling techniques to address issues such as operational process improvement or facility design or layout.
29) Evaluate the use of inventory tracking technology, Web-based warehousing software, or intelligent conveyor systems to maximize plant or distribution center efficiency.
30) Develop logistic metrics, internal analysis tools, or key performance indicators for business units.
"Logistics Engineer" Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 13-1081.01