1) Staffing Organizational Units -- Recruiting, interviewing, selecting, hiring, and promoting employees in an organization.
2) Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates -- Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
3) Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
4) Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
5) Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
6) Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others -- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
7) Scheduling Work and Activities -- Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
8) Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
9) Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others -- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
10) Coaching and Developing Others -- Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
11) Performing Administrative Activities -- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
12) Analyzing Data or Information -- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
13) Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
14) Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
15) Training and Teaching Others -- Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
16) Provide Consultation and Advice to Others -- Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
17) Developing and Building Teams -- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
18) Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People -- Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people.
19) Processing Information -- Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
20) Monitoring and Controlling Resources -- Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the spending of money.
21) Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge -- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
22) Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others -- Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
23) Communicating with Persons Outside Organization -- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
24) Developing Objectives and Strategies -- Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
25) Performing for or Working Directly with the Public -- Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers in restaurants and stores, and receiving clients or guests.
26) Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings -- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
27) Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events -- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
28) Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information -- Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
"Supervisor of Customer Service" Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-C-S SOC: 43-1011.01